Welcome to the neighborhood of Manhattan Beach known as the tree section. The tree section sits east of the sand section and west of Sepulveda Blvd (see the map below) offering a real neighborhood feel but still in close proximity to the beach. Most homes and families in the area attend highly sought after Pacific Elementary School. The tree section is a great neighborhood with a nice combination of older, original homes and an ever increasing number of new or newer luxury type homes.
The “tree section” is actually called this due to the names of the streets and not the abundance of trees (when compared to any other part of Manhattan Beach). Streets like Elm, Oak, Poinsettia, Palm and Pine are just a few. The area enjoys more of a family neighborhood feel than the area directly to the west known as the Sand Section. Streets are generally a bit quieter and there is more room between houses and the area enjoys relatively flat and quiet streets. The area is intersected by a strip known as the green belt which is home to joggers, walkers and dogs out for a stroll. The homes in the tree section of Manhattan Beach are fairly diverse with a great deal of larger new construction homes in the $2.0M and up range, and many original homes that keep the area from looking too overbuilt. The elementary school for most of the area is award winning Pacific Elementary and the area is close enough to the beach to enjoy warmer winters and cooler summers and is just a short bike ride to the coast.
- Lot Sizes: Most lots are 40′ wide, and the length varies: 108′, 112′, 116′, 120′, 126′ and 135′.
- Well located lots sell for 2.0M plus.
- Marginal locations are 1.4M plus.
- American Martyr’s lots (largest of the tree section) are 2.0M plus.
- Height Limit: 26′, two stories, possible basement.
- Well located new homes: 3.0+M to 6M.
- Size are 3,100′ to 3,600′, new construction often has basements.
- Other Located New Homes: 2.6M to 3.5M
- There are no townhomes or condos to speak of in the tree section
- See more general information on Manhattan Beach real estate